Christmas is the cosiest time of the year, if you ask us. Music is heard from every corner and square, and the Christmas lights bring a warm, fuzzy feeling. The season also invites us into the kitchen, to try out new delicious Christmas recipes. So, put on the carols, pick up the apron and let the children participate. We have found a recipe that both adults and children will love — Christmas cake pops. Start baking and let your imagination run wild when it's time to decorate.
500 grams soft gingerbread
150 grams of Philadelphia, or other natural cream cheese
300 grams white or dark chocolate
Lollipop sticks or straws
Sprinkles (you can even crush sweets like candy canes to make sprinkles)
1. Process the gingerbread into fine crumbs in a blender or food processor, in batches if necessary.
2. Stir the gingerbread crumbs together with the cream cheese.
3. Form the mixture into balls of your prefered size and let set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate.
5. Stick your sticks or straws into your cake pop balls and carefully dip them in the melted chocolate.
6. Decorate with sprinkles.
7. Place the cake pops on a plate so that they are not touching, or put the sticks into a bit of Styrofoam or similar so they are standing up. Let them set in the fridge.
(Original recipe from tasteline.com)
SHOP THE LOOK